Friday, February 17, 2006

Wollangambe Crater

After one week of being engaged I figured it was about time for some alone time. So while Aleisha and her sister (Trudy) were off looking at wedding stuff I went tramping. The trip was to the Wollangambe crater which I had been wanting to visit for quite awhile, but due to the fact that I cant figure out which way is North on a compass and that the track is pretty rough in parts I had to wait for the experts to be going. Jarrod and Adelle led the way clearing the spiders and snakes and I followed.
After 10km of hauling a 20kg pack (some one really needs to invent dehydrated wine) we arrived at the crater. Much to my disappointment there were no Wombats or snakes but I did manage to see a couple of Sugar Gliders. Unfortunately my camera is useless at night (I was also quite drunk) so the photos are not the best.
All and all a very good trip.

The campsite in the crater.


It wouldn’t be a trip to somewhere with flowing water with me trying a long exposure photo.



Believe it or not this is a Sugar Glider.

No comments: