Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tasmania

I know this blog entry is out of chronological order, deal with it. About a month ago when the temperatures were touching 40 C in Sydney Aleisha and I were in the lovely temperate climate of Tasmania. The trip was a mix of tramping and road tripping through the northern part of the island. We spent 3 easy days tramping in the Walls of Jerusalem National Park. I guess 2 of the days were easy, it was heaving down with rain on the last day and I some how managed to get a leech stuck in my eye (sorry no photos). Apart from my close encounter with a leech it was a nice trip.

The Walls

Camp day 1: No sleeping in puddles tonight.

Artistic attempt

This photo needs a little explaining. Walking into the Walls National park we came across an old trappers hut. Outside was a hollow tree trunk with what I though was a old possums tail nailed to it. It turned out that the possum was very much alive, he just like to sleep there (he was still fast asleep when we came back 2 days later).


One of the truly great features of Tasmania is the wildlife, we manage to see; Wombats, Tiger Snakes, Echidnas, White Lipped Whip Snakes and lots of leeches.

No comments: