Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Life is tough

Last week our research group was dragged kicking and screaming out of the lab for our monthly group hike. Life is indeed pretty tough when you get paid to go hiking, I don't know how I cope. The hike was the East End of Rundle, a ~900 m slog to the 2950 m summit. While the hike wasn't amazing the views were well worth the effort. Unfortunately we stuffed up the correct approach the the summit and had to turn back just short, I guess I will need to go back...

Up and up and up

The Shimizu Group

I don't think the rest of the group realized how perilous their location was

Over looking the town of Canmore with Ha Ling peak to the right

2 comments:

AGL said...

Wow! - that is truly some proper rock! Cheers Allan

Jarrod said...

It must be a good group, I can't see the Kepert group getting up a mountain any time soon.