Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ptarmigan Cirque

I dont know if you can really call Ptarmigan Cirque a hike, at only 5km its more like a brisk stroll in the mountains. But with rather ominous clouds and sloppy conditions under foot we didnt dare try anything longer. In the end it turned out to be a good trip as on the way there we spotted 6 Moose and a rather large Grizzly.

Moose

My finely tuned instincts and outstanding outdoor survival skills make me wonder if bad weather was on its way.

Anyone fancy some postholing?

5 comments:

Jarrod said...

Great Moose, still disappointed by the lack of bear photos.

Aleisha and Simon Iremonger said...

Unfortuately this time the Grizzy was running away at a rather cracking pace so it was not possible to get any photos. Next time I promise to smear myself in honey to attract the bear and give me enough time to take a photo.

Iain said...

Good lad. Take one for the team! Any ptarmigans on the cirque?

Aleisha and Simon Iremonger said...

Unfortunately there were no ptarmigans on the cirque.

Jamie H said...

Hi! Randomly found your blog somehow (don't really know how actually). Thought I'd let you know I stopped by though :) LOVE your photos!