Monday, February 08, 2010

Blueberry Hill

One of the most important lessons that we quickly learnt here is that just because its cold and miserable in Calgary doesnt mean there isnt blue sky 10 min down the road. So on Sunday when there was freezing fog and it was -15 C in Calgary we decided to head to the mountains. The move paid off and we were rewarded with blue sky and balmy -5 C temps.

Having lunch on Blueberry Hill, not a bad spot.

This cheeky bugger tried to steal my sandwich out of my hand.

The view from the top looking over the Kananaskis Lakes

2 comments:

Jarrod said...

That certainly is nice and good to see there is some wildlife around in winter, albeit a fat sparrow thing. I better head off and see if I can sleep in 30 degress C and 90% humidity now.

Aleisha and Simon Iremonger said...

I think its just too bloody cold for most of the wildlife, actually that bird was the only thing we saw. On the plus side it also means that we dont have to worry about bears.