Wednesday, April 21, 2010

East End of Rundle - Second attempt

This year Aleisha and I are trying to make sure that we get into the mountains every weekend. However, as we are now in shoulder season there are limited mountain activities. While there is still plenty of snow about, it is all spring slop and no good for any type of skiing. This is currently limiting us to the few front range hikes that are clear of snow and avalanche danger.
This weekends hike was to East End of Rundle (Eeor to the locals), a short sharp slog of a peak right next door to Ha-Ling, the hike we did a couple weeks ago. I did the hike with my research group last year but managed to get lost trying to find the correct route to the summit so I was keen to make up for my previous failure. Much to my relief we did find the correct route but it was some what challenging and Aleisha decided to take the safe option and not climb the final 40 m. I ignored my better judgment and scrambled to the top to be rewarded with a rather impressive view.

4 comments:

Jarrod said...

Time to get some crampons and get in to the white stuff.

Aleisha and Simon Iremonger said...

I think I will leave the technical stuff to those who have skills. I struggle with simple scrambles so im pretty sure I would injure myself pretty quickly if I tried alpine climbing!
By the way when are you going to leave that third world crud hole and come and live in a developed country?

Jarrod said...

I'll escape at the end of the year with any luck although I need to find somewhere to go first.

Aleisha and Simon Iremonger said...

I hear that Canada is nice at all times of the year.