Thursday, June 15, 2006

Im not trying to compensate, honest!


Well the arsenal has finally been completed as my Canon 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 IS USM lens arrived yesterday. This completes my camera lens kit so all I need to do now is to figure out how everything works before we head off to Africa. I havent had much of a chance to try it out as of yet but hopefully this weekend I can spot some critters. One downside of such a long focal length is the lens size but as it is built like a brick I can also use it as a club to beat off any baboons that give me any jip.

When the lens is fully extended it becomes quite large.

2 comments:

David Naylor said...

This is a great lens too according to Photozone. Very sharp, and with useful IS. I'm hoping to get it myself some day. Do you see any difference in sharpness when shooting in portrait mode @ 300mm compared to landscape mode?

Aleisha and Simon Iremonger said...

Yes I do see the portrait problem but not as bad as many people do. Saying that this lens so so sharp that even with the softness issue it is still very good. Once Canon has sorted out the problem I will send it back.