Monday, June 12, 2006

New Lens - Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 DC Macro

Today I picked up my Sigma 17-70 lens which will replace the kit lens that came with my camera. I took a few photos around Uni to try it out and I must say I am very impressed. It is slightly wider (17 vs 18mm), significantly longer (70 vs 55mm), almost a stop faster (f2.8 vs f3.5) and a hell of a lot sharper than the kit lens. It also has a very nice macro function which will allow me to get some nice critter shots in Africa. So the kit lens will now go to where all useless thing go, to eBay.

Trying out the macro mode

A random, pointless and abstract B&W image

Sydney Uni

2 comments:

David Naylor said...

I have the 17-70 too, and I also find it was a really great buy! Half price compared to the Canon EF 17-85 IS USM, and better in most respects. (See photozone's optical test!)

Aleisha and Simon Iremonger said...

I have been very happy with the lens so far, a lot better than the crappy kit lens.