Sunday, May 04, 2008

The US of A - The fun stuff

I figured that as I was in the US I should make the most of it, so I took a week off and did a bit of a road trip. For once the road trip was completely unplanned, which is slightly unusual for me but it all worked out in the end.
The first adventure was attempting to drive out of LA. You see I haven’t had the best experiences driving on the other side of the road. I decided to hire a GPS unit for the car and while it didn’t tell me when I was driving on the wrong side of the road it did make driving out of LA a lot easier. From LA I headed to the Grand Canyon and after getting lost in the car park I managed to find the big hole. It was pretty impressive so I stayed there a couple of nights. Much to my surprise there was a bit of snow about which made for a few chilly nights in the tent, this was not helped by my new leaking thermarest.

Camp and car.



The Grand Canyon, but you probably figured that out by yourselves.

It wouldnt be a road trip without taking some funky long exposure photos, this one went for 18 min.

No comments: